Committee Meetings are held (generally, but subject to change):
– CD&E Committee: 2nd Tuesday of the month, at 1pm.
– Worship Committee: 2nd Wednesday of the month, at 7 pm.
– PC&O Meeting: 2nd Wednesday of the month, at 7 pm.
– UCW Meeting: 3rd Wednesday of the month, at 10 am.
– Finance Meeting: 3rd Wednesday of the month, at 7 pm.
– Board Meeting: 4th Wednesday of the month, at 7 pm.
Group Meetings are held (generally, but subject to change):
– Quilters/Knitters: Wednesdays at 1:30 pm.
– SAUCIE: Wednesdays at 3:30 pm.
– Faith Study: Tuesday evenings at 7 pm, and Wednesday mornings at 10 am.
– Choir: every Thursday evening, at 7 pm.
– Men’s Breakfast: 4th Saturday of the month, at 9 am.
An overview of some groups:
Choir rehearsals run from 7:00 until 9:00 Thursday evenings from September until June. We sing hymns, service music, and a special choral anthem at most Sunday services. Cindy, our choir director and accompanist is a wonderful musician and teacher. The choir has approximately 18 members, and more singers are always welcome.
The Quilting and Knitting Group meets every Wednesday afternoon from 1:30 to 4:30, from September until June. We use mostly donated fabrics and yarns, and create quilts (either for fundraising events or for those in need, such as women’s shelters), prayer shawls (for folks needing a ‘hug’ in difficult times) and knitted baby blankets (a blanket given to each child baptized at St. Andrew’s). Even if you feel you can’t sew, knit or crochet, we can always use help with cutting, ironing, etc. And maybe you can pick up some new skills. We enjoy a mid-afternoon social time, with tea, cookies, and other delectable snacks! Come and join us – drop-ins are most welcome!
SAUCIE (St. Andrew’s United Church Instrument Ensemble) is in its 15th year of music at St. Andrew’s. We meet Thursday afternoon from 3:30 to 5:30 for rehearsal. We currently have 5 musicians: 2 flutes, 2 clarinets and 1 trombone, and would welcome anyone who plays a wind instrument at a grade 3 level, and is prepared to make a weekly commitment. We have a huge repertoire including hymns, gospel, Christmas, Oldies, as well as more current music. We play at 4 or 5 Sunday services a year, as well as local seniors residences several times a year, and also special church and community events.